erplain has a very flexible sales workflow. You can start the sales process by creating any of the following documents:
- Estimate (or Quote)
- Sales Order
For more information about the Sales workflow, please refer to this article.
- To create an Estimate, go to the Menu 'Sales' > 'Estimates':
- Then click on 'Create Estimate' and follow the instructions on the side of the form. It is recommended to start by selecting the customer as erplain will display automatically the default values (price level, location, currency,...) from this customer.
- Next: add the products to the Estimate. You can find detailed instructions to add products in this article.
- You can then add Notes for your customers, update the Terms & Conditions, add Internal notes for you and your team or attach files for later reference.
After creating an Estimate, you can accept the Estimate and choose to generate automatically the Sales Order or the Invoice. Reject it by clicking on the 'Reject estimate'.
PDF and email
- Once you saved the Estimate, you can generate a PDF document by clicking on PDF.
- You can then send it by email directly from erplain by clicking on 'Send by email':
You can change your PDF Settings from the Setting Menu > Company Settings > PDF Settings. More information in this article.
The status of the Estimate
The status of an Estimate can be "Pending", "Accepted" or "Rejected". After it has been created, the status is "Pending".
Once you hear back from your customer, open the estimate and select the desired option:
Creating an Estimate doesn't change your inventory. Stocks level will only be updated once the Estimate generates a Sales Order or an Invoice.
Creating an Invoice directly without creating a Sales Order will also decrease your stock levels. If the Estimate is accepted and converted into a Sales Order, the stock level (On-Hand) will only be updated when creating the Shipping Order.
For more information about the Sales workflow and the inventory update, please refer to this article.
The Estimate dashboard
Once you click on the Estimate Menu, you will see the list of your Estimates:
Of course, you can filter your Estimates by status, customer, date, ... by clicking on 'Display/Hide filters'.
For more information about filtering with tabs, please refer to this article.
You can duplicate your Estimates should you need to make the same Estimate. Simply open any Estimate and click on 'Duplicate':