In this section, you can manage the Options and Attributes of your product variants.
Variants: sometimes the same product is available in different styles or types. For example, you might sell shoes in a number of different sizes, or a table in different materials.
Options: for example, if the product is available in different colors as well as different sizes. Colors and sizes are options.
Attributes: for example, if the product is available in different material, wood and plastic. Wood and plastic are the attributes of their parent option (material).
For example, a table is available in different styles (variants), they come in different materials and sizes (options); wood, plastic, small and large (attributes).
Each variant has its own stock level and can also have its own SKU and prices.
By default, we have created 3 Options: Colour, Size and Material but you can rename them, and add new ones.
To manage and create your Options and Attributes, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Menu 'Settings' > 'Attributes':
- This is the list of your Options and Attributes. In this example, 'Color' is an Option and 'Black, Blue,...' are the Attributes:
You can Edit them by clicking on:
You can Delete them by clicking on:
You can rename the Option by clicking on:
Note that you can create as many Attributes as you want and you can create up to 3 Options.
- You can now add variants to your products directly while creating a new product. From the new product form, simply click on the 'Create variants' button:
- Simply select your Attributes, for example Black, Blue, M, L, S. erplain will create all your Variants automatically:
Make sure to type the SKU, Supplier SKU, Pricing, ... prior to clicking on 'Create variants' as erplain will automatically display these values for each variant. erplain will also suggest a unique SKU for each variant.
- You can also add Variants and Options to your existing products by opening the product profile and clicking on 'Add variants' or 'Add an option':
- Then follow the instructions:
You can find more information about managing and creating products in this article.