The Purchase Order is the document you create when buying products from your Suppliers.
- To create an Purchase Order, go to the Menu 'Inventory' > 'Purchase orders':
- Then click on 'Create Purchase order' and follow the instructions on the side of the form. It is recommended to start by selecting the supplier as erplain will display automatically the default values (location, currency, taxes, ...) from this supplier.
- Next: add the products to the Purchase Order. You can find detailed instructions to add products in this article.
- You can then add Notes for your supplier, add Internal notes for you and your team or attach files for later reference.
PDF and email
- Once you saved the Purchase Order, you can generate a PDF document by clicking on PDF.
- You can then send it by email directly from erplain by clicking on 'Send by email':
You can change your PDF Settings from the Setting Menu > Company Settings > PDF Settings. More information in this article.
Creating an Purchase Order doesn't change your inventory immediately. Stock levels will only be updated once you receive the products. To acknowledge that you received the products included in the Purchase Order, simply click on 'Receive products', this will generate a 'Purchase Delivery':
Prior to receiving the products, they will be counted in the Incoming inventory and become available once you have created the Purchase Delivery.
For more information about the Purchase Deliveries, please refer to this article.
When adding products to your inventory with a Purchase Order, erplain will use the price saved in the 'Purchase Delivery' (created from the PO) to calculate the MAC. erplain calculates the valuation only as your products come in.
You can find more information about the product cost in this article.
The Purchase Order status
Active: As soon as you save your Purchase Order, its status will be 'Active'.
Automatically completed: Once you have received all the products from the Purchase Order, its status will change to 'Automatically completed'.
Completed manually: To complete the order manually, simply click on 'Purchase order completed', its status will change to 'Completed manually'. All the products not yet received will be removed from your Incoming inventory and not added to your available inventory.
Partially delivered: If you have received some products, but not all the products from the Purchase Order, the status will be 'Partially delivered'.
The Purchase Order dashboard
Once you click on the Purchase Order menu, you will see your list of Purchase Orders:
Of course, you can filter your Purchase Orders by status, supplier, location, ... by clicking on 'Display/Hide filters'.
For more information about filtering with tabs, please refer to this article.
Including your Customers in the Purchase order
erplain gives you the ability to include the customer name for each product. This can help you match the order items with the customers.
Simply select the customer in the 'Customer' column:
You can also copy the customer from the line above by clicking on this button:
In the case of drop shipping Purchase orders, after you have entered the first item, it will use the customer from the top of the form.
You can duplicate your Purchase Orders should you need to make the same Purchase Order. Simply open any Purchase Order and click on 'Duplicate':