erplain has a very flexible sales workflow. You can start the sales process by creating any of the following documents:
- Estimate (or Quote)
- Sales Order
For more information about the Sales workflow, please refer to this article.
- To create an Sales Order, go to the Menu 'Sales' > 'Sales Orders':
- Then click on 'Create Sales Order' and follow the instructions on the side of the form. It is recommended to start by selecting the customer as erplain will display automatically the default values (price level, location, currency,...) from this customer.
- Next: add the products to the Sales Order. You can find detailed instructions to add products in this article.
- You can then add Notes for your customers, update the Terms & Conditions, add Internal notes for you and your team or attach files for later reference.
PDF and email
- Once you saved the Sales Order, you can generate a PDF document by clicking on PDF.
- You can then send it by email directly from erplain by clicking on 'Send by email':
You can change your PDF Settings from the Setting Menu > Company Settings > PDF Settings. More information in this article.
Creating a Sales Order will update your Available inventory. Your On-Hand inventory will only be updated when you create your Shipping Order(s). All the products included in Sales Orders but not yet in Shipping Orders will be Reserved.
For more information about the Sales workflow and the inventory update, please refer to this article.
All the products included in Shipping Orders will be removed from your On-Hand inventory, regardless of the status of the Shipping Order.
To create a Shipping Order, click on 'Create Shipping Order' directly from the Sales Order:
You can find more information about Shipping Orders in this article.
Once you have created your Sales Order, you can view the items not included in Shipping Orders (remaining items) directly in the Sales order itself:
You can create one or multiple Invoices directly from your Sales Order. Simply click on 'Create invoice':
You can find more information about Invoices in this article.
The backorder feature allows you to create Purchase Order automatically from the Sales Order. Either based on missing quantities to fulfill the order, or simply by using the same quantities as the Sales Order.
You can find more information about Backorders in this article.
The status of the Sales Order
The status of the Sales Order can be "Active", "Completed Manually", "Completed Automatically" or "Cancelled". Once created, the status of the Sales Order is set to "Active". It will be 'Completed' after these conditions are met:
- Include all the products from the Sales Order in one or multiple Shipping Orders. And set the status of the Shipping Order(s) to 'Delivered'
- Invoice all the products from the Sales Order
- Invoice(s) from the Sales Order are 'Paid'
The Sales Order status will then be 'Completed Automatically':
You can also set the status of the Sales Order to 'Completed Manually' by clicking on 'Order completed'. This can be used if you don't intend to ship all the products from the Sales Order but still wants to complete the Sales Order manually. In this case, your Available inventory will increase by the number of products you are not including in Shipping Orders. You won't be able to create invoices or manage payments once the order has been completed.
To do so, just click on the 'Order Completed' button in the Sales Order. You can always re-open the order by clicking on the 'Re-Activate' button.
To cancel a Sales Order, click on the 'Cancel sales order':
The Sales Order dashboard
Once you click on the Sales Order Menu, you will see the list of your Sales Orders:
For each Sales Order, you will see a detailed status for each of its stages. Place your mouse (or touch) each row to expand the information.
Of course, you can filter your Sales Order by status, customer, date, ... by clicking on 'Display/Hide filters'.
For more information about filtering with tabs, please refer to this article.
Product returns, Credit notes and Refunds
You can create Product returns directly from the Sales Order and then create Credit Notes or Refunds from the Product returns. You will see the 'Create Product return' option as soon as at least one Shipping Order has the 'Delivered' status.
You can find more information about Returns, Credit notes and Refunds in this article.
You can duplicate your Sales Orders should you need to make the same Sales Order. Simply open any Sales Order and click on 'Duplicate':