1. Connecting to your store
- Go to the menu Apps and click "Connect erplain to Shopify", then enter your store name.
You will be redirected to Shopify to confirm and authorize the connection to erplain.
- Further down the page click on "Install app".
2. Configuring the sync
You are now back into erplain. Follow these steps below to continue setting up Shopify with erplain.
Step 1/4: Prep work
Connecting erplain to Shopify will allow you to sync stock locations and your product prices. If you wish to map Shopify locations with erplain stock locations, make sure to create these locations in each app first. For example, if you have created stock locations A and B in Shopify, do it also in erplain and vice-versa.
Your erplain account will have Retail and Wholesale price levels created by default. If you need to sync another price level with Shopify, make sure to create it in erplain first.
Step 2/4: Set your sync preferences
Selecting your sync settings:
Step 3/4: Select a price level for your store
If you sell your products to the final consumer on Shopify we recommend you to use "Recommended Retail Price".
- Click "Save"
- The Re-Sync buttons can be used if you update the price level and after your have synced your products between the 2 systems.
Note: "Re-Sync prices (from erplain to Shopify)" will update the price of your synced products in Shopify. "Re-Sync prices (from Shopify to erplain)" will update the prices of your synced products in erplain.
If you don't have any products in Shopify or in erplain for the moment, there is no need to "Re-sync prices".
Step 4/4: Map your locations
Assign to each stock location its matching Shopify location or select "None" if you don't want to sync this location with Shopify.
Note: You don't have to map all your Shopify locations with erplain.
*If you have already created locations in Shopify but not in erplain, select a Shopify location and click on "Create location to create and map this location between Shopify to erplain.
**If the location mapping is not done and if there is only one location in erplain, the option "Default stock location" takes over to ensure there is a proper mapping.
- Click "Save"
- Re-Sync the inventory (If you don't have any products in Shopify or in erplain for the moment, there is no need to "Re-sync inventory".)
Note: "Re-Sync inventory from erplain to Shopify" will update the available stock level of your synced products in Shopify. "Re-Sync inventory from Shopify to erplain" will update the available stock of your synced products in erplain.
Need more help with configuring the sync? You can read the article Shopify settings before going any further.
3. Syncing products
Step 1/3: Choose your syncing method(s)
There are three ways to sync your products with Shopify:
1) Import/Export consists in importing or exporting multiple products from one app to another. Non-synced products are imported from Shopify to erplain or exported from erplain to Shopify. Once products are imported or exported, they are in sync.
2) Product mapping consists in matching already existing products in each app. Once products are mapped together, they are in sync.
3) Publishing consists in publishing a single product from erplain to Shopify. Once a product is published in Shopify, it is in sync between the two apps.
Note: Depending on the context we recommend different sync methods (links below open in new tab).
- I have products in erplain that do not exist in Shopify
Export (Sync from erplain to Shopify)
- I have products in Shopify that do not exist in erplain
Import (Sync from Shopify to erplain)
- I have similar non-synchronized products in both apps.
- I have a only a few products in erplain that are not created in Shopify and I want to sync them
individually, one by one.
Need more help with syncing your products? We recommend that you to read the article Products sync.
Step 2/3: Map your non-synchronized duplicated products
If you have similar non-synchronized items existing in both apps, we invite you to start by a product mapping before importing/exporting or publishing your products.
Note: Synchronized and non-synchronized product are easy to spot in erplain. If a Shopify logo displays next to a product, this product is already in sync with Shopify.
Step 3/3: Be aware of what the sync will do.
Syncing products will also sync most of the product information such as:
- Available stock level
- Name and SKU
- Product description (If authorized)
- Cost per item (when creating new products from Shopify)
- HS code
4. Finalizing the set up
Now that your products are in sync and that you are all set up, your are almost done. Take some extra time to read the article "How does the Shopify integration work?. It will give you a quick overview on how the two apps communicate and will make you save some time.