In addition to your price levels, erplain lets you create price rules. These rules apply when you are creating sales and purchase transactions in Erplain and the B2B Store. They allow you to change the list price of your products based on conditions like sales location, dates (promotions), product category, or customer category.
To create and manage price rules, open the menu: Products > Price rules:
On this page, you will see all the existing price rules that you created for your products:
To create a new Advanced price, click on 'Create'.
- Select the products (or variants) to apply for which the rule will apply to.
- Choose a name for this Rule.
- Select the Price level that will trigger this rule. Selling Price levels will apply to your Sales documents, Purchasing price levels will apply to your Purchase orders. For example, if you select Wholesale price, the price rule will "replace" the Wholesale price in the transaction. Note that the Wholesale price in the product profile will not be updated.
- Select the price type: Set or Calculated
'Set' will replace the selected price by a set amount: $35 for example
'Calculated' will calculate a new price based on a formula. If you choose calculated, you will need to select additional information like the base price.
- Select the conditions (if any) that will trigger this price rule:
In this example, we are creating a new price that will be triggered for all products, discounting the Wholesale price by 20% during this date range.
Please note that your price rules will be triggered in the order of priority in which they were created. Only one rule can be triggered at the same time.