In this section you will find general information about importing data.
- erplain allows to import customers, suppliers and products only. If you wish to import prices or stock levels this can only be done through a data update (having created or imported your products beforehand).
- Importing data consists in creating new data. If you simply want to update your existing data, check the article on updating data.
Taxes, price levels, currencies as well as stock locations cannot be created via a .csv/.xlsx file. Prior to importing any file, we invite you to create/edit taxes, stock locations, currencies and price levels from erplain. Below is a summary of the information you will need to create prior to importing your .csv/.xlsx files:
Tips for new users
If it is your first time importing data, we recommend that you start by creating a couple of customers, suppliers or products manually directly in erplain. Creating data manually is more intuitive and gives you a better insight on the existing fields that will eventually turn into column names in the import file.
For your first import, we suggest that you take baby steps and start by importing just a few customers, suppliers or products.
- Importing data will not erase your existing data
- Making mistakes on your first time importing data is very common
The import history allows you to see the history of your imports and updates. It also allows yo to Cancel, Resume or Revert your imports/updates:
- Cancel to stop the current import/update
- Resume to continue a cancelled import/update
- Revert to delete all changes made by this import/update
In case the import/update doesn't progress for a while, you can Cancel and Resume to continue the import.